I love a good Starbucks run. Hot or iced, there’s always some drink I’m craving, and Starbucks gets it right every time. One of my favorite items to order on a cold winter day is the Medicine Ball, also known on the Starbucks menu as the Honey Citrus Mint Tea. It’s a hot, soothing blend of tea, honey, and lemonade that never fails to warm me up. And, as the name would suggest, it’s the perfect cup to cozy up with when you’re feeling under the weather.
So when I found this copycat Medicine Ball recipe from TikTok user @chambo_mommy, I knew I had to try it. It requires just five ingredients: water, peach tea, citrus mint tea, lemonade, and honey.
In just five minutes, I whipped up a comforting drink worthy of any travel mug. If you’re looking to switch up your morning routine or soothe your cold symptoms — and save some money in the process — then this sweet, citrusy tea is just the thing!
This recipe is for one trenta-sized drink, or two smaller, grande-sized servings. You can double the number of tea bags for a stronger brew, and also adjust the amounts of honey and lemonade to taste.
- 2 cups water
1 Teavana Peach Tranquility tea bag
1 Teavana Jade Citrus Mint tea bag
2 cups lemonade
2 tablespoons honey
1 slice of lemon, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the water to boiling and add both tea bags. Steep while preparing the other ingredients.
- Add the honey to the bottom of your cup.
- Warm the lemonade over low heat until it begins to steam, then remove it from the stove and pour it into your cup.
- Remove the tea bags and add the tea to the other ingredients. Stir.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon, if desired, and serve hot.
- Drinks, Tea
- 1 Trenta-Sized Drink
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Felbin